Location map & directions
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey
View Larger Map
KLC are based in Apartment 8a of Hampton Court Palace, but on the first morning of your
course please go to the Tiltyard Café for 9.30am, where a KLC representative will meet you.
The Tiltyard café will be open from 9am*.
* If you happen to arrive late (after 9.50am), please make your way to Reception where a
KLC member of staff will come to meet you.
Hampton Court Palace
Hampton Court Palace is located next to the River Thames to the south west of London. It is within
the M25 and about 6 miles from the start of the M3 and about 8 miles from the start of the M4.
Look out for the brown attraction signs that direct you to Hampton Court Palace.
The palace is located on the A308 and is well signposted from all the major local roads. From the
M25 take either exit 10 on to the A307 or exit 12 on to the A308. The palace is also accessible via
the A3 and then the A309.
111 - From Heathrow Airport Central, Cranford, Hounslow, Hampton and Kingston
216 - From Staines, Ashford, Sunbury, Hampton and Kingston
411 - From West Molesey and Kingston
451 - From Staines, Chertsey, Byfleet, Weybridge, Walton, West Molesey and Kingston
461 - From Staines, Chertsey, Addlestone, Weybridge, Walton, West Molesey and Kingston
R68 - From Kew, Richmond, Twickenham
Routes 416 and 513 have a very limited service. The 416 operates twice a day Mondays to Fridays
only and the 513 about three times a day on Mondays to Saturdays.
718 - From central London including the London Eye, Victoria Station, Hyde Park Corner and
Royal Albert Hall.
South West Trains run services direct from London Waterloo to Hampton Court. The journey takes
35 minutes and the palace is a 200m walk across the bridge from the station. The train service
passes through Wimbledon station, where the London Underground District Line begins. Hampton
Court is in Travel Zone 6.
Riverboats run in the summer from Westminster, Richmond upon Thames and Kingston upon
Thames. The journey from Westminster can take up to 4 hours, depending on the tides.
Visitors arriving by taxi may drop off at the gates. There is a mini-cab firm at Hampton Court
Station for those wishing to go home by taxi or are heading to Heathrow or Gatwick Airports.
From London Airports
Heathrow Airport, take the 111 bus.
Gatwick Airport, take a train from the airport station to Clapham Junction and change to the
Hampton Court train.
City Airport, take the Docklands Light Railway to Caning Town and then the Jubilee Line to
Waterloo. Catch the Hampton Court train from there.
The accommodation listed below is only a guide to local hotels;
- The Liongate Hotel; Hampton Court Road, KT8 9DD East Molesey (020 8977 8121)
- The Kings Arms; 2 Lion Gate, Hampton Court Road, KT8 9DD (020 8977 1729)
- Carlton Mitre Hotel; Hampton Court Rd, Hampton Court, KT8 9BN (020 8979 9988)
- Limited parking is available at Hampton Court Palace (in the car park behind the Barrack Block) at a cost of £1.50 per hour and on Hampton Court Green (500 metres from the palace entrance) at £1.00 per hour. Parking is also available at the Hampton Court train station, 200 metres from the palace (please check at the station for prices)
- The palace car park has nine disabled parking spaces for blue badge holders. They are available on a first come first served basis and are in the lower car park, near the entrance to the Welcome Centre. Parking is currently free for blue badge holders