Accreditations & associations
KLC School of Design is recognised by the following professional bodies
KLC School of Design has undergone a review for educational oversight by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and have received its final report, which is available in full at:
KLC has received the following judgments from QAA:
- The team has confidence in the College's management of academic standards for which it is responsible
- it has confidence in the College’s management and enhancement of the quality of learning opportunities
- reliance can be placed on the accuracy and completeness of the information that the College is responsible for publishing about itself and the programmes it delivers
KLC School of Design has been licensed by the UK Border Agency to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.
KLC was also a Regional Winner of the
National Training Awards for excellence in training.
KLC Diploma validated by the University of Brighton
KLC students graduating from both the Full-Time and Blended Learning Diploma in Interior
Design receive a KLC Diploma in Interior
Design validated by the University of Brighton.
- The Diploma Award is clearly benchmarked
against the QAA HE Level Framework with
120 credits at Level 5 giving it international
recognition, thereby increasing employment
- Students gain credit points that can be
transferred to other courses nationally
- This external validation enables KLC to continue
to operate as a Highly Trusted Sponsor and
issue study visas to overseas students for
successful applicants on the Full-Time Diploma
in Interior Design.
- Graduates of the Diploma, who also have a
prior degree qualification, can opt to study
further and apply for an MA programme
through the University of Brighton or elsewhere.
- KLC students are able to visit the University
libraries and attend open research seminars at
The University of Brighton has long been
established as a centre of excellence for art
and design studies and we look forward to
developing our partnership with them further.